To some people, it is still a shock that women receive almost as much recognition as men do when it comes to the workplace. Some women overcome this simply by working hard and overcoming any obstacles that may arise in life.
The Fifth Annual Luncheon, Opening Doors for Women event hosted by The Committee for Hispanic Children and Families, Inc (CHCF) whom combines education and advocacy to expand opportunities for children and families and strengthen the voice of the Latino community, was not only an event that honored three women for their hard work and achievement, among other qualities, but was also there was a live auction and raffle to help raise money for the organization. Highlights from the event are listed below.
Master of Ceremonies
Nathalia Ortiz Co Anchor, Buenos Días Nueva York, TelemundoNY
The video presentation highlighted what the organization is about and talked more about the programs that were provided throughout the organization.
Juanita Ayala Vargas
Vice President, Programs and Operations, Community Investment
United Way of New York City
Director, Community Affairs
NBC 4 New York and Telemundo Nueva York
Dawna Michelle Fields
Bright Smiles Bright Futures,
Live Auction: The following items were up for auction
1.Professional Coaching Services; courtesy of Shelia Saferstein, professional speaker and published poet
2.Vermilion Restaurant provided an 8 course tasting for 4 guests plus a kitchen tour from their Executive Chef; courtesy of At Vermillion, and Rohini Dey
3. MacKenzie Childs Planter; courtesy of MacKenzie Childs
4. AcuFacial with Microcurrent acupuncture and LED light; courtesy of Marisa Anaya, Shillie Goldstein Acupuncture
5. Apple ipad Mini and Five Samsung Galaxy S4 Phones for Sprint; courtesy of Dexpósito and Partners
6. Two JetBlue Airways roundtrip travel vouchers; courtesy of JetBlue Airways
7. Post and Bean House in Long Island, NY
1. Apple iPad Mini 16 GB/WIFI
2. Plaza Wellness Center Massage and Facial
3. Two Tickets for Murder Mystery Inc. at Arno Ristorante Supper Club
4. Wine and Roses Basket: Wine, Charlito’s Chorizo, 1-800flowers.com gift card
5. Joe Allen Restaurant Certificate
Lion’esque Style and the One Dress Project Support
Throughout the event, representatives from Lion’esque Style promote and sold their brand to the attendees. Attendees had the opportunity to purchase “One Dress” and also purchase accessories. Part of the sales from the “One Dress” and accessory purchases were donated to CHCF.