Brazilian beauty Camila Alves sizzled at the Critics’ Choice Awards red carpet with a sleek and chic knot by NYC-based celebrity hairstylist Peter Butler.
Here, Butler breaks down Camila’s hairstyle:
1. First, Butler applied John Frieda Frizz Ease Curl Reviver Mousse to Camila’s wet hair and blew it dry. He applied a couple drops of new John Frieda Frizz Ease Nourishing Oil Elixir to smooth out frizz for ultimate sleek locks.
2. Next, he parted her hair down the center. For the cleanest part possible, he used a flat iron at the hairline.
3. Then, Butler applied a few drops of John Frieda Frizz Ease Expert Finish Polishing Serum and ran a comb through Camila’s hair to make it as sleek as possible as he shaped it into a low ponytail. For added shine he misted John Frieda Frizz Ease 100% Shine Glossing Mist. An expert tip is to spray hairspray onto a haircolor brush and comb hair from root to ends for an even, sleek look.
4. Lastly, using three large pins, Butler twisted hair into an off-center knot around the base of the ponytail, leaving the ends out. To lock in style, he sprayed John Frieda Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hairspray.
Another simple and chic look on the carpet was Sandra Bullock’s bone straight hair. Here are some \products that can help you achieve that same look.
1. John Frieda Frizz Ease Expert Finish Polishing Serum ($9.99) for a smooth, sleek, polished look.
2. Harry Josh Pro Tools Professional Ceramic Styling Iron. (Gisele Bundchen is a fan of this one.)
All images are courtesy of John Frieda.