Sponsored by Healthfirst
I personally love drinking water and if you don’t… well, you have a big drinking problem.
According to the United States Geological Survey, up to 60 percent of our body is water. In fact, “the heart and brain are composed of 73% water, and the lungs are about 83% water. The skin contains 64% water, muscles and kidneys are 79%, and even the bones are 31% water, reports the H.H. Mitchell, Journal of Biological Chemistry 158.
Since, we continuously lose so much fluid from our body from breathing (saliva), skin evaporation, sweat, urine and stool, it is very important to always replenish our body with water.
Here are 15 health benefits of drinking water.
1) Water helps skin looking good… really good.
2) Regulates body temperature (sweating and respiration).
3) Helps deliver oxygen all over your body.
4) Lubricates your joints.
5) Water helps energize muscles
6) Flushes body wastes, mainly in urine.
7) Allows body cells to grow, reproduce and survive.
8) Keeps mucosal membranes moist.
9) Forms saliva for better and easier digestion.
10) Needed by the brain to manufacture hormones and neurotransmitters.
11) Acts as a shock absorber for brain and spinal cord.
12) Helps kidneys and other organs flush out toxins.
13) Water helps maintain healthy bowel movement.
14) Helps distinguish between hunger and thirst (some people think they’re hungry when they’re actually thirsty).
15) Water has the lowest amount of calories compared to soda and sports drinks.
Live it. It’s your life. It’s your health!
It’s time for a change! That’s why LatinTRENDS has partnered with healthfirst and created the Live It health section. Designed to bring health content front and forward in a creative, fun, yet important, and engaging way that embraces modern day technology, lifestyle trends and pop culture. Because health and health information should be embraced by all, including the young and young at heart. Live it is brought to you by Healthfirst