Maybe your Spanish is a bit rusty, or maybe you’ve never spoken Spanish. Whatever the case may be, planning a trip to Latin America can be nerve-wracking if you don’t know the language. Hence, we’ve narrowed it down to 10 essential Spanish phrases (in some cases, just words) you should know before heading to Latin America:
1) Gracias = Thank you
2) De nada = You’re welcome
3) ¿Hablas ingles? = Do you speak English?
4) Buenos Dias = Good morning
5) Buenas Tardes = Good afternoon
6) Buenas Noches = Good night
7) ¿Dónde está…(el baño, el banco, el restaurante)? = Where is…(the bathroom, the bank, the restaurant)?
8) ¿Cuanto cuesta esto? = How much does this cost?
9) Permiso = Excuse me
10)¡Vámonos! = Let’s go!
Which Spanish phrases would you like to learn? Let us know in the comments section below.